Why Should You Visit Your Dealership’s Service Center?
- Faster Turnaround: Dealership service centers are larger than independent shops, so they should get work done faster. Some even have loaner vehicles to keep you moving. Independent shops often need to wait for parts or prioritize emergencies, which increases your time off the road.
- Latest Diagnostic Equipment: It’s impossible for independent mechanics to keep pace with technology like dealerships do. Modern vehicles need expensive diagnostic equipment that most independent places don’t have.
- Dealer Service Records: Plenty of buyers prefer vehicles with dealer service record since they know no shortcuts will have been taken, so your model should command a higher price in the future.
- Warranty Cover: If your vehicle is new and under warranty, it makes sense to visit your dealer service center. Some manufacturers and select dealerships even offer a lifetime warranty.
- No Blind Spots: Some problems are too complex for an independent shop to deal with. When motors, sensors, or bodywork is involved, you’re much better off visiting the experts at your dealership.
- Variable Part Quality: Independent shops tend to use aftermarket parts. They are cheaper than OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) parts, but they aren’t necessarily of the highest quality and won’t have been designed and produced for your exact make and model. Using them may even void your warranty, whereas OEM parts usually have their own one-year warranty.
- Overwhelming Selection: Choosing between all the parts available from an independent shop can be daunting. In contrast, a dealership will already know exactly what’s needed in each scenario and take the guesswork out of part replacement.
Visit Bob Smith BMW Today for Professional Service and Attention
The team here at Bob Smith BMW is proud to offer everything from OEM parts to the latest repair equipment, and our certified technicians are always on hand to keep you running in prime condition. To find out more, simply contact us today. We can also provide tips like how to clean your windshield, and how much an oil change should cost.